It is a statutory requirement that the induction of NQTs be quality assured by an ‘Appropriate Body’ (AB). Milton Keynes Teaching School Alliance are entering their 5th year of offering this service.
- For schools who hold a subscription to the Milton Keynes Teaching School Alliance CPD programme, the Appropriate Body service and NQT development programme of CPD is free of charge (see link for more details and term and conditions)
- For schools who purchase our NQT development programme of CPD, which costs £550.00 per NQT, the Appropriate Body service costs £130.00 per NQT (see link to NQT programme)
- For the Appropriate Body Service only, the cost is £260.00 per NQT.
What is included
This charge will cover all the statutory obligations of the Appropriate Body, as outlined in the statutory guidance for the induction of NQTs, and will also specifically cover:
- Registration of NQTs and processing of associated paperwork
- NQT Induction Tutor Briefing session
- NQT Briefing meeting
- Quality assurance of monitoring, support and assessment procedures for NQTs (termly)
- Advice and support to schools in the event that an NQT may be at risk of not meeting the standards (as required)
- Support for the school through a formal appeal (as required)
- Support for NQTs at risk of not meeting the standards (as required)
- The opportunity to request additional visits/ observations (at the additional rate)
If you wish to use MKTSA as the Appropriate body, you will need to complete and return a signed service level agreement, upon receipt registration forms will be emailed to you.
Appropriate body induction tutors meeting 12th September 2017 4-5pm at MKTSA, Whitehouse Primary School
NQT induction meeting 3rd October 2017 4-5pm at MKTSA, Whitehouse Primary School