NQT Quality Assurance by an Appropriate Body
It is a statutory requirement that the induction of NQTs be quality assured by an ‘Appropriate Body’ (AB). Milton Keynes Teaching School Alliance are entering their 7th year of offering this service.
- For schools who hold a subscription to the Milton Keynes Teaching School Alliance CPD programme, the Appropriate Body service and NQT development programme of CPD is free of charge (see link for more details and term and conditions)
- For schools who purchase our NQT development programme of CPD, which costs £550.00 per NQT, the Appropriate Body service costs £130.00 per NQT
- For the Appropriate Body Service only, the cost is £260.00 per NQT.
What is included:
This charge will cover all the statutory obligations of the Appropriate Body, as outlined in the statutory guidance for the induction of NQTs, and will also specifically cover:
- Registration of NQTs and processing of associated paperwork
- NQT Induction Tutor Briefing session
- NQT Briefing meeting
- Quality assurance of monitoring, support and assessment procedures for NQTs (termly)
- Advice and support to schools in the event that an NQT may be at risk of not meeting the standards (as required)
- Support for the school through a formal appeal (as required)
- Support for NQTs at risk of not meeting the standards (as required)
- The opportunity to request additional visits/ observations (at the additional rate)
If you wish to use MKTSA as the Appropriate body, you will need to complete and return a signed service level agreement and registration form available by contacting us at email@example.com
Deadline for returning your reports:
Assessment 1 – Friday 13th December 2019
Assessment 2 – Friday 27th March 2020
Final assessment – Friday 10th July 2020
These dates are for full-time NQTs starting in the Autumn Term 2019 with an expected completion date at the end of the July 2020. If your NQT is part-time or has started at your school mid-year, please contact Sarah Armitage (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss assessment dates.
Appropriate Body Training for NQTs
All NQTs who are registered with us for Appropriate Body, are welcome to attend training where they will receive clear guidance on the roles and responsibilities of all those involved in their induction year; fully preparing them for the year ahead. The NQT induction meeting is on 18 September 2019 at 4-5pm at Fairfields Primary School.
Appropriate Body Training for NQT Mentors
All NQT mentors from schools who use us as their Appropriate Body, are welcome to attend raining where they will receive clear guidance on their roles and responsibilities for the year. The mentor meeting is on 12th September 2019 at 4-5pm at MKTSA, Fairfields Primary School.