During this course, participants will:
• Understand of the signs and symptoms of child abuse including a deeper understanding of neglect
Focussing on the latest additional safeguarding concerns, including:
• Female Genital Mutilation.
• Child Sexual Exploitation.
• Tackling extremism.
• Strategies to raise awareness in staff.
• The legislative framework and statutory compliance.
• Understanding safeguarding risks.
• Thinking the Unthinkable.
• Learning the lessons from Serious Case Reviews.
• Creating best practice systems and procedures.
• Key elements of a professional code of conduct.
• The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
• The workshop meets the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ requirement for two-yearly training for ‘Designated Safeguarding Leads’ (previously known as ‘Level Three’ training).
• Participants will have their own copy of the Safeguarding Handbook to take away:
The essential strategic guide for Designated Safeguarding Leads packed with up-to-date guidance, checklists and pro-formas.
• A CD containing all the proformas and checklists from the Safeguarding Handbook ready to customise for your own school, saving hours of time.
• Take away, ready-to-use materials in a training event for your own staff.
£100 + VAT to subscription members
£195 + VAT non-subscription members