Overview: Based on the Education Inspection Framework (EIF) 2019, this half day briefing will provide senior school and academy leaders with a view of Ofsted’s published findings and schools’ experiences following the first term of implementation. It will refer to both Section 5 (full) and Section 8 (monitoring visit) inspections.
Course details: The session is structured to enable participants to refresh their understanding of the new framework and related expectations and to reflect on their school’s readiness for inspection. It is run in an open and non-judgemental way by an experienced trainer/consultant with a reputation for excellent subject knowledge and up to date and hands-on understanding of the school inspection process.
Aspects covered will include:
- A brief overview/revision of the Education Inspection Framework 2019, the graded judgement areas and the key criteria for each of these.
- The importance of senior leaders having complete clarity around the ‘Three Is’; i.e. Intent, Implementation and Impact.
- Ofsted’s published findings/outcomes following the first term of the new framework being implemented across the country.
- The opportunity to see the curriculum developments being undertaken in some other schools, particularly with regard to the curriculum intent, structure and progression of skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Advice and guidance on the priorities for your school to ensure that your ‘direction of travel’ is appropriate and will enable you to reach a strong position of inspection readiness.
- Opportunity to work with colleagues (in your school and/or from another school) to ensure that your self-evaluation summary and school improvement plan accurately reflect your current position and overall effectiveness.
Trust leaders, Headteachers/Principals, Deputy Heads and other members of school Leadership Teams.
Facilitated by Adrian Francis
28th January 2020