Based on the proposed Education Inspection Framework (EIF) 2019, this half day briefing will help senior leaders from primary, infant and junior schools to have a clear view of the proposed priority areas and to understand the expectations of schools. It covers the key aspects from the framework and delves into some of the detail from the proposed Section 5 School Inspection Handbook.
Aimed at: Trust leaders, Headteachers/Principals, Deputy Heads and other members of school Leadership Teams.
Course details: The session is structured to enable participants to gain a clear understanding of the proposed new framework and expectations. It is run in an open and non-judgemental way by an experienced trainer/consultant with a reputation for excellent subject knowledge and up to date and hands-on understanding of the school inspection process.
Aspects covered will include:
• Overview of the proposed Education Inspection Framework 2019, the graded judgement areas and the key criteria for each of these.
• Detailed aspects from each of the four judgement areas, particularly regarding the new ‘Quality of Education’ judgement and the ways in which this emphasises the importance of the school’s curriculum.
• The importance of senior leaders having complete clarity around the ‘Three Is’; i.e. Intent, Implementation and Impact.
• Model case studies that emphasise the importance of having year group and whole school progression of both skills and knowledge; vocabulary; revisiting previous content; automaticity and the provision of challenge through activity or ambitious curricular goals.
• Key aspects that schools should consider ahead of the implementation of the new framework and suggestions of how to plan for these.
• Key aspects of L&M, including the importance of governance and ensuring clear levels of accountability.
The session is a mixture of direct tuition and group discussion. There are plenty of opportunities to ask questions in a non-threatening environment and to gain a thorough understanding of what to expect from the proposed new framework and how to prepare for the process. Participants will gain the skills to enable them to return to school and to share their improved knowledge and skills with colleagues and governors.
£95 per delegate