This course aims to provide teachers with:
• The ability to demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils.
• The ability to coach colleagues and pupils in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels.
• The ability to create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is openly observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced increased professional satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression.
• The programme is a key part of the OLEVI portfolio of school-to-school support which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in schools. Among many benefits, this programme helps teachers to become consistently outstanding in all their professional activities and have a significant impact on how people achieve.
A recent external evaluation of this programme, led by professor Peter Matthews, reports that participants become much more reflective about their teaching and much more aware of how to
make their lessons consistently outstanding. This includes placing greater emphasis on:
• the purpose of the value of their lessons.
• raising levels of engagement in learning.
• the use of different teaching styles to challenge learning.
• greater readiness to innovate and take risks.
• more reflective planning.
Most participants find the coaching element a highlight, enabling them to understanding the importance of the relationship between ‘outstanding teaching’ and ‘professional coaching’. The impact of the programme is reinforced through independent assessments by schools using qualified inspectors, review teams or AST assessors.
5 1/2 days sessions throughout the Autumn Term – Dates will be confirmed once a minimum cohort is in place.
with Olevi and our accredited trainers from MKTSA
£645.75 for subscription and non-subscription members