- Raising Attainment in Writing is a one-day CPD course that’s packed full of games and approaches that will help children generate ideas for writing and improve their vocabulary.
The training draws on the importance of talk in the writing process. It is underpinned by the latest cutting-edge theory and research and features dozens of collaborative activities to aid language acquisition and retention, not only in English, but across the curriculum.
By attending this course, you will:
- Improve confidence and enjoyment in writing amongst your children
- Consider the ‘point’ of writing – what are your children trying to achieve? And how do you help them learn how to achieve it?
- Discover dozens of exciting and engaging activities to support and embed the high quality teaching of spelling, grammar and punctuation through your daily English lessons
- Consider the barriers children face to learning writing – particularly “writer’s block” – and experience a range of fun and collaborative games to help children generate creative ideas
- English and Literacy Leaders
- Teachers & TAs – EYFS, Key Stage 1 (KS1) & Key Stage 2 (KS2)
- Senior Leadership Team
30th January 2020